Saturday, September 26, 2020

Stella Shawl

I created this pattern specifically because I found some amazing hand dyed yarn at Yarnitoli, and I knew I needed to make something special with it. I did not want too much texture, because I wanted the yarn to really shine. But I love cables so much, so I added a cable on one of the sides of the asymmetrical shawl. Then I decided to try out an I-cord bind off for the first time. But with a twist, literally. I added a cable twist to the I-cord bind off, and the result is that the cable running along the side of the shawl, and the cable bind off edge met at the corner point of the shawl. I also added some beads, and suddenly my simple shawl pattern was anything but plain.


You can get the shawl pattern in my shops (links below). Read on to find out more about this pattern.

Instructions include the option for beaded cables, and an I-cord bind off with a cable twist. If you’ve never done these methods before, there are lots of tutorial links included in the pattern, including a video tutorial for an I-cord bind off. Make it using DK or Fingering weight yarn.
Materials:
DK option:
Size 6 (4 mm) US needles, 24 inch or bigger circulars
DK Weight Yarn #3 Approximately 475+ yards
Size 6 beads – optional

Fingering option:
Size 4 (3.5mm) US needles, 24 inch or bigger circulars
Fingering Weight Yarn #1 Approximately 800+ yards
Size 8 beads - optional


I would love to see your Stella shawls! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work!
Thank you for purchasing my pattern. Your support of my small business is truly appreciated!

Permissions
You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog, Ravelry, or Etsy shop to credit me as the designer.
You may not use my photos.
You may not sell this pattern or any part of this pattern, distribute it, or claim it as your own.

© 2020 Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment