Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Hannah Blanket Knitting Pattern

I often end up creating new patterns because of custom requests in my Etsy shop. This blanket pattern is an extra special one. A bride wanted a blanket to wrap up in for photos for her winter wedding. Her Grammy is an amazing crocheter, but arthritis made it difficult for her to create something for her granddaughter. They asked me to create something, and the Hannah Blanket pattern was created and named for the bride. 


I have always loved cables, and I ended up using three different cables, and some special cable stitches to create the V pattern. And yes, the texture is just as amazing as it looks!

I used super bulky yarn and size 15 needles, so I was able to finish this blanket in less than a month. And the super bulky yarn just gives all the cozy vibes, perfect for winter. Read on to see more information on purchase of the pattern.


Size 15 (10 mm) US needles, 24 inch or bigger circulars.
Super Bulky Yarn #6 (Bernat Softee Chunky) Approximately 10 Skeins, about 1000 yards
Stitch Markers 
Cable Needle
Scissors
Needle for weaving in ends
Tape Measure – For checking gauge, and length during pattern

Gauge:
Finished blanket measures approximately 34 inches by 60 inches, about a lap blanket size.

I also created a Youtube video on how to knit cables without a cable needle. This pattern has cable stitches in every other row, and I ended up making the whole blanket without using a cable needle in order to make it more quickly. 



I would love to see your Hannah Blankets! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work!
Thank you for purchasing my pattern. Your support of my small business is truly appreciated!

Permissions
You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog, Ravelry, or Etsy shop to credit me as the designer.
You may not use my photos.
You may not sell this pattern or any part of this pattern, distribute it, or claim it as your own.

© 2020 Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment