Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Lil' Pumpkin Hat Knitting

 When fall gets close, everyone goes nuts for pumpkins. Pumpkin Spice, pumpkin decor, and my favorite, pumpkin knitting and crochet projects. I've made quite a few crochet pumpkin beanies, but I wanted to design a knitting pattern for a pumpkin beanie. And since I am obsessed with cables, I could not resist throwing some into the design. This is a good pattern for cable beginners. It is a simple cable, and works up quickly with the thick yarn.

I absolutely love how it turned out! A couple of my test knitters even made the hat in cream, and now I want to as well! This pattern comes in 6 sizes from newborn to adult. Look below for more information on what to expect with purchase of the pattern


Materials:

Size 13 (9mm) US needles, 16” circulars and dpn’s (or longer circulars for magic loop)

Size 15 (10 mm) US needles, 16” circulars and dpn’s (or longer circulars for magic loop)

Super Bulky Yarn #6 (Wool Ease Thick & Quick) 1 skein in pumpkin, small amounts of green

Stitch Markers 

Cable Needle

Scissors

Needle for weaving in ends

Tape Measure – For checking gauge, and length during pattern


Tutorials:
Knitting Cables Without a Cable Needle: https://youtu.be/MVWjYoQMZ9E 

 
I would love to see your lil’ pumpkin hats! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz, so I can see your work! Thank you for purchasing my pattern. Your support of my small business is truly appreciated!

*Permissions*
- You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog, Ravelry, or Etsy shop to credit me as the designer.
- You may not use my photos.
- You may not share this pattern, but please share the listing link so your friends can buy it too.
- You may not sell this pattern, distribute it, or claim it as your own.

© 2020 Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment