Monday, July 6, 2020

Quick Crochet Flower - Free Pattern

Occasionally I will treat myself with some special yarn. Lately I've been loving hand dyed yarn. I got some beautiful yarn from Wearable Personality (go check out her new yarn shop Fashion Fiber Co.) and I made my Helena Cowl pattern. I only had a little bit of yarn left, and I hate to let such pretty yarn go to waste.

I chose to use the remaining yarn to make flowers for my 3 daughters. They love hair pretties, and I had just enough yarn left to make the 3 flowers. I attached 2 of them to hair clips for my older daughters, and attached the last one to a nylon headband for my youngest.

Materials:
Small amounts of yarn (I used worsted weight #4 yarn)
Desired hook size (I used a size H 5mm hook)
Scissors
Needle for weaving in ends
Optional - hair clips or nylon headbands

Abbreviations (US terms):
Sl st - Slip Stitch
CH - Chain
Ch-sp - Chain Space
SC - Single Crochet
HDC - Half Double Crochet
St(s) - Stitch(es)

Notes:
This flower is worked in the round.
Repeat sections will be noted with * *
Magic Ring Tutorial

Instructions
Make Magic Ring

1. *SC in ring. CH 3.* Repeat * * until you have 5 SC. CH 3, sl st to first SC to join. Pull ring tight to close. (you should have 6 Ch 3-sp)


2. Sl st into 1st ch 3-sp. *CH 1, 3HDC in ch 3-sp. CH 1. Sl st into same ch 3-sp. Sl st into next ch 3-sp.* Repeat * * around, making your final sl st into the first ch 3-sp to join. (6 petals)

3. *Sl st into the ch 1 in the first petal. Make 1 SC in each of the HDCs in the petal. Sl st into the last ch 1 of the same petal. Sl st into the next petal's ch 1.* Repeat * * for each petal. 

Cut yarn. Weave in ends, attaching them to clips or headbands as desired.

I would love to see your crochet flowers! Tag me on Instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work! Your support of my small business is truly appreciated!
*Permissions*
-You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog, Ravelry, or Etsy shop to credit me as the designer. 
-You may not use my photos.
-You may not sell this pattern or any part of this pattern, distribute it, or claim it as your own.

© 2020 Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment