Monday, September 16, 2019

Cora Hat - Crochet Pattern

"Is it knitting or crochet?" I have been asked this question many times. I don't take it personally though. We knitters and crocheters know the difference, but to the one who doesn't do either craft, it can be hard to distinguish. I have the happy ability to both knit and crochet (you can read how I taught myself how to crochet here). So when my Nora hat knitting pattern got so much positive feedback, I decided that it was begging to become a crochet pattern too! I am so happy that I was struck with this sudden inspiration. I have been on a knitting pattern kick, and really do need to spend more time on some crochet design ideas. After all, equal opportunity crafting is very important!

I adore how the hat turned out, and then it just needed a name. I was trying to figure out a name that would coordinate with Nora. I tried to make it too complicated, Eleora, Flora, etc. And then it hit me, Cora! The perfect set of names for my hats! You can purchase the Cora hat on my Ravelry. Here are some more details about what you will receive with the purchase of the pattern.


Size: 
Adult

Materials:
I Hook (5.5mm)
Worsted Weight Yarn #4 (Caron Simply Soft) I used less than one skein
Stitch Markers
Scissors
Needle for weaving in ends
Optional – Pom pom maker, or furry pom

Gauge:
15 sts, 8 rows in DC = 4 inches
I tend to crochet tightly, so check your gauge and adjust hook size accordingly. You may need to go down a hook size.

Abbreviations (US terms):
CH – Chain
Sl St – Slip Stitch
SC – Single Crochet
BLO – Back Loop Only
DC – Double Crochet
FPDC – Front Post Double Crochet (tutorial linked in pattern)BPDC – Back Post Double Crochet (tutorial linked in pattern)
FPTRC – Front Post Triple Crochet (tutorial linked in pattern)
FPDC2tog – Front Post Double Crochet 2 together (decrease) (tutorial linked in pattern)
BPDC2tog – Back Post Double Crochet 2 together (decrease) (tutorial linked in pattern)
Sk – Skip
St(s) – Stitch(es)
RS – Right Side
WS – Wrong Side
I would love to see your Cora Hats! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work!

*Permissions*
- You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog, Ravelry, or Etsy shop to credit me as the designer.
- You may not use my photos.
- You may not share this pattern, but please share the listing link so your friends can buy it too.
- You may not sell this pattern, distribute it, or claim it as your own.



© 2019 Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment