Friday, March 24, 2017

The Rainbow Blanket


The Rainbow Blanket has a special meaning. A "Rainbow Baby" is a baby born following a miscarriage or infant loss. Many women very close to me have endured such trials, and this blanket is a special memorial to those lost babies, and the blessing of their Rainbow Babies that have followed. I have sold quite a few of these blankets to one specific person who has ordered them for her friends who have suffered loss as a gift of encouragement. I think that is such a sweet thing to do for your friends who are suffering.

If you would like to purchase a Rainbow Blanket, you can do so HERE.

While I do have some original patterns, and even more that I make from my head that I just need to take the time to sit down and write out, I work a lot from patterns of other wonderfully talented designers. This stunning baby blanket is such an eye-catcher. I just love the huge pop of color! I saw a version like this on Ravelry (a pattern-sharing community for knitters and crocheters), and I knew I had to make one!


As I stated previously, this is not my pattern, but it is too pretty not to share. You can find the pattern HERE if you want to make one for yourself. Whenever I post this blanket on my social media, I always get asked what kind of yarn I used. The yarn I use is called Red Heart Gumdrop, and you can find some of the colors at JoAnn and Michaels. However, some of the colors are discontinued and are harder to find. Then, just add in some white for the rows between the shell rows. I did 3 sets of the 7 rainbow colors. With a 5.5mm hook, and my tension, the blanket came out to approximately 34 inches square.


I plan on sharing more of my creations with you whether they are original designs, or my adjustments to other designer's patterns. Don't forget to check out the designer Lahoma Howard on her blog https://goshyarn.com/. In addition to her free patterns on Ravelry, she also sells gorgeous hand-dyed yarn! I would love to see how your blankets turn out. Tag me on your social media so I can follow your work!

Happy Crafting!
-Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment