Monday, March 13, 2017

Crocheted Bow Headband Pattern


When I had a baby girl, I may have gone nuts with all of the accessories I made for her. Okay, definitely nuts. But everything was just so cute on her! I started making some of my own patterns for her. Here is one of my favorites.

Materials
- F hook
- Worsted Weight Yarn (I used a nice cotton yarn for the summer)
- Scissors
- Needle for weaving in ends

Gauge
The great thing about this pattern is that you can switch up your hook size to make the bow larger or smaller as desired.

Pattern

Headband
1. Ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in remaining sts. (5sc)
2. Ch 2 (counts as st), turn, (dc, ch 1, dc) in 3rd sc, dc in last st.
3. Ch 2 (counts as st), turn, (dc, ch 1, dc) in ch space of last row, dc in last st.
Repeat row 3 until you reach desired length. Cut tail, and sew up ends to form headband.

Bow
Row 1. Ch 42, hdc in 3rd ch from hook, hdc in remaining sts. (40 hdc)
Row 2. Ch 2, turn, hdc across (40 hdc)
Rows 3-7. Repeat row 2
Finish off, leaving a long tail

Finishing
Sew ends of bow with long tail. Fold bow in half with seam down the middle. Wrap long tail around the middle to pinch the middle in and make the bow. Knot the tail, and then attach to the headband where the seam is. Weave in any remaining ends.

I would love to see your bows! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work!


To download a pdf version of this pattern, it is available on my Ravelry store:

*Permissions*
- You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog to credit me as the designer.
- You may not use my photos
- You may not sell this pattern or claim it as your own

© Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz



No comments:

Post a Comment