Monday, May 29, 2017

Patriotic Crochet

It is Memorial Day today, so I thought I would share some of my patriotic projects that I have done over the years.

I combined a couple of patterns to make this Patriotic Wreath. I love using patterns by Repeat Crafter Me. She has a great basic pattern to cover a foam wreath. I did it in white, and added some red, white, and blue details to make it perfect for Memorial Day or 4th of July. The patterns for the details are below.


I came across this heart pattern on an old web archive and I fell in love with it. I added some stitches to make the stars of the flag to really make it look like the flag.


For the stars, I did a variation on another pattern by Repeat Crafter Me HERE. Then I slip stitched the letters on the stars. Also using this pattern, I made a star headband for my baby girl. It made a perfect patriotic accessory.

I braided some ties to hang the wreath, and my new favorite decoration piece was done! I really should do some more patriotic pieces, but with 3 kids, my time is hardly ever my own. Maybe someday.

Happy Memorial Day, and Happy Crocheting!
-Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment