Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Easy Cheaty Stroganoff

I have three children 4 years old and younger. To say that I am busy is an understatement. On top of the normal crazy that three young children bring, I also run my Etsy business. Naturally, I do not have a lot of time to cook for my family. So a lot of my personal recipes are cheater recipes. I take pre-made things like a jar of spaghetti sauce, and "doctor" it up to make my dish. One of my husband's favorites is my stroganoff cheat that I am going to share with you.

-Ingredients
1 lb Ground Beef 
Half of an Onion
Sliced Mushrooms (I looooove mushrooms so I always put a lot in mine, but you can adjust it to your taste)
Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
Splash of Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Thyme
McCormick Stroganoff Season Packet
Beef Broth
4-8 oz Sour Cream 
-Directions
In saucepan over medium heat, saute ground beef, onion, and mushrooms until beef is browned and veggies are soft.
Add splash of Worcestershire sauce and red wine vinegar. Add thyme. Cook for an additional three minutes.
Add season packet and half a can of beef broth. Lower heat and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from heat and add 4-8 oz sour cream to taste.
Add a little bit of broth or water to get the consistency you want.
Serve over rice or noodles.

What "cheats" do you use in your cooking? I would love to hear about your shortcuts.

Happy Cooking!
-Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment