Monday, June 15, 2015

Striped Crochet Dishcloth

Striped Crochet Dishcloth
Pattern by Sarah Gross






Great Grandma Nan was a knitter and crocheter, and I inherited her yarn after she passed away. Among the yarn, there were small amounts of cotton yarn. I wanted to crochet a washcloth, but didn't have enough to make one from the patterns I was looking at. So, I made my own to accommodate the amounts of yarn I had on hand. Enjoy!

--Tools
F Hook
Worsted Weight Cotton Yarn in 2 colors (I used Lily Sugar 'N Cream)
Large eye needle for weaving in ends

--Gauge
Not crucial for this pattern

--Pattern
With color A, Chain 39
1. DC in 2nd chain from hook, DC in remaining chains (36 sts)
2. Ch 3 (counts as stitch throughout), turn. DC in remaining sts
Join color B (I join it by drawing it up in the last part of the last DC of the row) (I don't cut the yarn, I just draw it along the side since the border will cover it)
3. Ch 1 (does not count as stitch), turn. SC in same st, SC in remaining sts
4. Repeat row 3
Join color A

Work 2 rows of DC with color A, and 2 rows of  SC with color B. Repeat until dishcloth is approximately square, ending with the 2 rows of DC with color A. Do not cut yarn.

Border:  Ch 1, turn. SC in same st, SC in remaining sts in row. 2 SC in corner, turn to work on the side. SC along the side (I like to do 1 SC per SC row of color B and 2 SC per DC row of color A). Continue along the rest of the sides, doing 2SC in the corners. Join to 1st SC. Do not cut yarn.

Loop: Ch 10, sl st in same st as join. Cut yarn and weave in ends.

Finished size approximately 8"x8".

***Feel free to sell items made from this pattern. Links back to this blog are appreciated. Do NOT claim or redistribute this pattern or photo as your own.***

No comments:

Post a Comment