Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Little Prince Crown - Free Crochet Pattern


I was working on an order recently for a gold princess crown, and my nephew was watching me. He asked me to make a crown for him. Obviously I could not say no. The pattern for the princess crown that I was using is a little too feminine for him. So I whipped up a pattern that night. And then my son saw it, so I had to make another one. I decided I might as well write it down here to share with you.

Materials
- I hook (5.5mm)
- Worsted Weight Yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft)
- Scissors
- Needle for weaving in ends

Gauge
This pattern has different sizes based on how many multiples of 6 stitches and hook size. Your tension and yarn choice may affect these sizes. 

Sizes
0-3 Months:     4.5mm hook         54 sts
3-6 Months:     5mm hook (H)      54 sts
6-9 Months:     4.5mm hook         60 sts
9-12 Months:   5.5mm hook (I)    60 sts
Toddler:           5mm hook (H)      72 sts
Child:               5.5mm hook (I)    72 sts

Abbreviations
fsc - Foundation Single Crochet
sc - Single Crochet
sl st - Slip Stitch
dc - Double Crochet
tr - Treble Crochet
ch - Chain
ch sp - Chain Space

Special Stitches
Foundation Single Crochet - If you are not familiar with this stitch, Moogly has a great tutorial HERE


Pattern
1. Fsc 54, 60, or 72 based on sizes above, join to first fsc to create loop
2. Turn so the band is now inside out, sc across, join (do NOT turn)
3. Ch3 (counts as dc), dc in each st across, join
4. *Skip 2 sts, in next st after the 2 skipped sts (3dc, 1tr, ch1, 1tr, 3dc), skip 2 sts, sl st in next* Repeat in between * * to end, join
5. Sl st up shell to ch space, *sl st in ch sp, (ch1, dc, ch1, sl st) in ch sp. Sl st in next sts to next ch sp.* Repeat in between * * to end.
Weave in ends.


I would love to see your crowns! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work!

*Permissions*
- You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog to credit me as the designer.
- You may not use my photos
- You may not sell this pattern or claim it as your own

© Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment