Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Jewelry-Making: Playing With Beads

Jewelry-making: It's more play than actual work. The possibilities are endless, and so is the fun. Expanding on my crocheted jewelry, I have tried out a few different jewelry-making techniques. Here are a few that I have tried and what I think of them.



Earrings are what I have done the most with. It seems like there are endless possibilities and combinations to do. Swarovski crystals and pearls are my favorite to work with. I just love the sparkle!


Wire-wrapping is fun. You can mess up, and start over, and repeat it all again until you get a look that you like. It's probably the most free-spirited of the techniques I have tried. I am usually a follow-the-instructions kind of person. This wire-wrapping technique is great for creative expression. It is amazing how projects can come out differently depending on the day (and my mood).



Another favorite technique of mine is working with buttons. I may have a button obsession. Okay, I definitely have a button obsession. But how cute are the little earrings above? I really enjoy making jewelry out of non-traditional items. I plan to get more buttons (because I apparently don't have enough already) and make even more.


Bracelets have also been fun. Besides the crocheted ones I have done HERE, I love working with beads. Between the wrap bracelets above on the left and the cuff bracelets above on the right, I just want to make them in all the colors!

These are just a few of my jewelry-making endeavors. Hopefully, I will be posting more jewelry experiments soon.

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah Liz





No comments:

Post a Comment