Monday, June 12, 2017

Blanket of Roses


When I named my 3rd baby Angela Rose, I knew I need to make something with roses for her. I found a pattern for a rose and I made a whole mountain of them. Ok, it was just 20 roses, but it did take a while to get them all done. I did a combination of colors for this. Besides the solid colors, I did 2 of the colors with white in the middle, and the red or pink on the last row to make it look like a variegated rose. Those turned out to be my favorite of all the colors. Once I had all of the roses done, I made some pretty leaves in 2 colors to add some dimension.


The part that probably took the longest (besides actually crocheting the roses) was arranging the roses in a "random" pattern. I am just a little OCD, and I could not settle on an arrangement I liked. I finally got a good arrangement and started sewing them all together. 


It was incomplete, so I decided to make a headband. I used the same rose pattern but only did the last 2 rows to make the smaller rose for the headband. I added some ties to I could adjust it to her head.


This is still one of my favorite projects I have done. I would love to see some of your favorite projects. Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can connect with you!

Happy Crafting!
~Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment