Monday, January 15, 2018

A Budding Photographer

My firstborn is now 5 years old. He is the reason I took up knitting and crocheting. He is also the reason I invested in a good camera. And by good camera, I mean one that is better than the tiny digital camera I used for vacation photos in 2006. I use my camera to take product photos, and to take photos of him and his sisters who model my creations. Recently, I have caught him playing with a toy camera. He was pretending to be a photographer. On one of those occasions, I had my camera in my hands so I snapped a few photos of him trying to take a "picture" of me. He is really interested in my camera. On occasion, I even let him press the button on my camera to capture a photo.


I never thought I would enjoy photography so much. Beyond the typical tourist photos on vacations, I did not really feel the call to take photos. Even with the invention of the camera phone, I did not use it very often. Maybe it is when I had children, or maybe it was the development of my product photography. Whatever it was, I have really jumped into photography. From setting up a shot, to editing the final look, I can see my own development even from just a few weeks ago. My photography journey is still in its infancy, and it appears I will have a buddy to join me. 


I would love to hear your favorite photography story! Tell me in the comments!
~Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment