Friday, September 8, 2017

Ladybug Hat - Free Crochet Pattern

I am so excited that the end of summer is in sight! I love the fall. One of my favorite things about the fall weather is that I can make adorable hats for my children to wear. A favorite hat has to be the ladybug hat. When I was searching for patterns I came across a few that I liked well enough, but they were not exactly what I was looking for. So with a combination of patterns, I made up my own.


Materials:
I hook (5.5mm) (I am a tight crocheter, so you might want to adjust your hook size based on your tension)
Caron Simply Soft Yarn (Black, Harvest Red)
Scissors
Needle

Patterns:
First of all, I love Repeat Crafter Me. She has so many cute designs, and her crochet beanie pattern is a staple for my own designs. She did a version of a ladybug hat here. I used her basic beanie pattern with some color changes at the top. Here is what I did.

- Using black, do the first 4 rows of the hat pattern in the size of your choice.
- Switch to red starting at row 5.
- Continue with earflaps in red.
- Sc around entire brim of hat (including earflaps) in black.
- Starting at the bottom of the black rows at the crown of the hat, surface slip st down the middle on both sides of the hat.
- Antennae
1. Magic circle, sc 8, do not join
2. Sc8
3. Sc8
4. 4sc decrease
5. 4sc 
Continue with round 5 until antennae measures 2.5 inches

- Dots
Magic circle, 12 dc around, join. Cut leaving long tail for sewing on.

- Ties
I use 5 strands of black, and 4 strands of red, approximately 1 yard long. Loop through the bottom of the earflap, and braid the ties to the desired length.


I would love to see your ladybug hats! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work!

*Permissions*
- The main hat and earflap patterns are Sarah Zimmerman's from Repeat Crafter Me. Please give her due credit.
- You are free to sell what you make from my parts of the pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog to credit me as the designer.
- You may not use my photos
- You may not sell this pattern or claim it as your own

© Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment