Monday, August 28, 2017

Hannah Hair Bow - Free Knitting Pattern

My 2 year old loves hair accessories. She often opens the drawer where I keep all the headbands and hair clips and asks to wear one. She also throws a fit when I take it off, we are working on that part. Because of her love of hair accessories, I knew I needed to have a red bow for her 2nd birthday earlier this year. I was really wanting to do a knitted version of a bow so I created the "Hannah" Hair Bow just for this special occasion. But it really is a versatile piece that I want to do in all the colors possible to match every outfit. I wrote down the pattern to share with you. I also have the free pattern in pdf form on my Ravelry shop. Enjoy!

Materials:
Size 6, 4mm needles
Worsted Weight Yarn (I used Caron Simply Soft)
Scissors
Needle for weaving in ends
Optional - Hot Glue Gun
Optional - Hair Clip
Optional - Nylon Headband

Abbreviations:
K - Knit
Purl - Purl
St - Stitch
RS - Right Side
WS - Wrong Side

Instructions:
Long tail cast on 10 (alternatively, if you do not want to to a long tail cast on, thumb cast on 10, and knit 1 row before starting row 1 below)
1. K across
2. Slip 1 st purlwise, P rest of row
3. Slip 1 st knitwise, k rest of row
4-19. Repeat last 2 rows until you have 17 rows stockinette, ending with a rs row.
20. (WS) Cast off knitwise



Finishing:
Weave in ends.

Option 1:
Cut long length of yarn (I use approximately 1 yard). 
Weave needle through the center (see photo). 
Pinch center of bow. Wrap yarn around center of bow 10 times. 
Knot in the back and weave in ends. 
Using hot glue gun, glue center of bow to hair clip of choice.

Option 2:
Cut long length of yarn (1 yard). Weave needle through the center (see photo above). Pinch center of bow. 
Wrap yarn around the center of the bow AND a nylon headband. 
Knot in the back and weave in ends.


I would love to see your bows! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work!

*Permissions*
- You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog to credit me as the designer.
- You may not use my photos
- You may not sell this pattern or claim it as your own

© Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment