Monday, July 31, 2017

Flower Child Headband - Crochet Pattern

Do you remember making those daisy chain crowns from the tiny flowers in the grass? That is what I was going for. My oldest daughter loves all things girly. Which we find hilarious, because she is a determined, tenacious, little bruiser of a little girl. She loves flowers and especially flowers that go in her hair. I was inspired to make her a headband with tons of flowers.


Most of the flower headband patterns I have seen, including some of my own, have you make the headband separately and make individual flowers and sew them on one by one. Most fiber artists will tell you that the sewing and weaving in ends is our least favorite part. I wanted to make something with the least amount of ends to weave in. After some trial and error, I created the Flower Child Headband. I love it because the white yarn is never cut except at the final cut to finish off the headband. The yellow centers are the only ends to weave in, and I actually use those ends to help secure the flowers to the headband!

I used Aunt Lydia's #10 Crochet Cotton thread to make a dainty little piece that fits both my 8 month old and my 2 year old! I love making headbands that adjust to your baby's head so you don't have to buy a new one every time they outgrow it, which seems like every month.



I added the headband to my Etsy shop, but if you want to have a go at making one yourself, you can also purchase the pattern on Etsy, or on my Ravelry store.

I would love to see your Flower Child Headbands! Tag me on instagram @craftsbysarahliz so I can see your work!

*Permissions*
- You are free to sell what you make from this pattern. I would appreciate links back to my blog to credit me as the designer.
- You may not use my photos
- You may not sell this pattern or claim it as your own

© Sarah Gross - Crafts by Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment