Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Face Behind the Posts

It is now the month of May. As it is my birthday month, I thought I would share a bit of a personal post with you so you can see that there is indeed a person behind these posts.

A little bit about me:

 I am a nerd. Here are some shocking nerdy confessions: I grew up watching Star Trek: The Next Generation. Yes, I am a Trekkie. That upbringing brought about a love for all things nerdy from Star Wars, to Harry Potter, to The Lord of the Rings, I love it all. I have even played Dungeons and Dragons. Eek! I can't believe I just admitted that! Alright, moving on. Before 2015 I worked as an administrative assistant for a franchise of Taco Bell. So every once in a while I get an insane craving for it. Cheesy Gordita Crunches, to be exact. When I'm not having a fast food craving, I love to cook. I learned how to cook from my mom. My favorites are soups. But as often as I try, my soups never turn out as good as my mom's.

A little bit about my family:

I have been married to my awesome, encouraging, and loving husband for eight years now. We have three beautiful children. Our son is the oldest. He is now 4 1/2 years old. He is growing up so much this year. He is such a big help to me with his little sisters. He also loves helping me in the kitchen, and with my chores. Our middle child is a little firecracker. She is now 2 and is the funniest little person I know. Her comedic timing is already fantastic. Her favorite things are books and her baby sister. My favorite thing right now is when she comes up to me and asks for "nuggles". Our youngest is 6 months now. She is a little redhead with the brightest blue eyes you have ever seen. She loves squealing at her big brother and sister and rolling and crawling around.

A little bit about my business:

I was taught the basic knitting stitch in 2010. I expanded on that, and in 2012 I taught myself how to crochet. I am a yarn addict, and just a little bit of a yarn hoarder. That addiction led me to open my Etsy shop in 2013. I have learned so much in the years since opening shop. I still have a lot to learn, and I don't think I will ever stop developing my shop. I look back at where I started and I am amazed at how it has progressed. I look forward to reminiscing again in a few years to see how far my shop has come.

A little note to you:

I am not in this business by myself. I have the most amazing support system around me. That support system includes you wonderful people. You who have ordered products from my shop. You who have read and shared my posts. You who have tried my patterns or recipes. None of my success could be done without your support. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

-Sarah Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment