Monday, April 3, 2017

Homegrown Models

My children have greatly inspired my product lines. To me, nothing is cuter than seeing babies in one of my creations. Naturally, I engage the services of my children to model my adorable creations. I may be biased, okay definitely biased, but I think that they are just the cutest little models that you ever did see.


My first model was my son. I like to call him the One-Shot-Wonder. He is so photogenic that I often get a great photo on the first click. Just look at those eyes! He is such a sweetheart, and he loves getting his photo taken. When I am taking photos of his sisters, he usually asks to have some taken as well. Who could say no to photographing this happy child? Now that he is a little older he likes to hold my camera (with my hand ready to catch the potentially falling camera) and he likes to be the photographer!


I thought I took a lot of photos of my son. But then I had a daughter. I went overboard. Way, way overboard. She was, and is, more of a challenge to photograph than my son. I often have to shoot using the sports mode because she rarely sits still (read: never ever stops moving). But she is a little charmer, and she knows it. I just love her curious nature, and my favorite way to photograph her is to follow her around the yard with my camera. The photo above of her modeling my Earhart Aviator Hat perfectly captures her fabulous personality.



My youngest is not quite as fond of the camera as my older two. She is simply stunning when I can get a good photo of her, but she has her own ideas of when and where that should be (read: fed, rested, and fresh diaper). I have to work a little harder to get her to smile for me. But when she does, it lights up the whole room.



I adore my little homegrown models. I love capturing their personalities through the lens. I love scrolling through photos on my computer and watching them grow up right before my eyes. Best of all, I love having these memories captured to enjoy forever.

What are some of your favorite things about photography? Do you have your own homegrown models to work with?

Happy Photographing!
-SarahLiz

No comments:

Post a Comment