Monday, June 15, 2015

Close to the Heart

My project this past week has been very close to my heart. On Sunday we celebrated my husband's Grammy's birthday. I have been blessed with awesome in-laws so I love his family like I do my own. 3 years ago we were celebrating Grammy's birthday, and little did we know that it would be the last time we would see Great Grandma Nan (Grammy's mother). She passed away shortly after that.

(Hubby with Nan --- Photo Credit: Catherine Mijs)

Nan was a knitter and crocheter, and I was given her yarn. This year I wanted to do something special for Grammy so I pulled out her cotton yarn and made some dishcloths.





I used the patterns below for the knitted dishcloths, but wanted to crochet one of them. I didn't have a lot of yarn left, so I made up my own. So I wrote it down and wanted to share it with you.


Some projects I do for my business, some for family or friends, some just to relax. But sometimes, a project hits really close to the heart. These dishcloths were made with double the love. The yarn belonged to Nan, and somehow, that made this project so much more a labor of love.

~Sarah Liz




No comments:

Post a Comment